Innatera’s SoC design team delivers the architecture and digital design of our neuromorphic SoC products. These chips combine energy-efficient processing elements and neuromorphic AI accelerators within a massively parallel compute array, delivering market-leading inference performance within a narrow power envelope. This team is looking for an experienced SoC Architect to lead the exploration and definition of Innatera’s future microprocessor products. The ideal candidate has a strong record of architecting complex processor / multi-processor systems-on-chip in the AI/ML space, has a strong technical foundation, and has a broad & deep skill-set which can bridge functions across architecture exploration, hardware design, and software engineering.
Positions are available both at Delft, and in Bangalore.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Leading the architecture exploration and definition of Innatera’s neuromorphic SoC products which combine multiple processing elements, neuromorphic AI accelerators, and high-performance networks-on-chip
- Working together with analog-mixed signal and digital design engineers, application engineers, to identify requirements for future products, and developing new architectures to target challenging use-cases for Innatera’s products
- Analyzing and profiling AI/ML algorithms, defining architectures and optimizations to improve performance
- Developing and evaluating architectural options, networks-on-chip, memory hierarchies
- Performance analysis and benchmarking
- IP selection
- Contributing to the creation of IP (patents, knowhow) at Innatera.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Has a PhD or MSc, with several years of relevant industrial experience in the semiconductor / SoC / processor / multiprocessor design fields
- Has demonstrable experience architecting complex processor / multi-processor SoC products or neuromorphic systems
- Has strong expertise in computer architecture, processor / multi-processor design, performance analysis/benchmarking
- Has a strong understanding of AI/ML algorithms, and experience in building and deploying deep neural networks with standard frameworks (eg. Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch,…)
- Has previously participated in the RTL design, FPGA prototyping, or silicon realization of SoC architectures
- Is a problem solver, has a goal-oriented attitude, and is highly-motivated
- Is a self-starter, and is passionate about technology
Preferred skills for this position
- VHDL/Verilog, SystemC
- MATLAB, TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch or an alternative framework
- Mentor Modelsim, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Synopsys Design Compiler, Cadence Innovus
Delft, The Netherlands and Bangalore, India.
To apply for this position, email your CV to email@example.com with “SoC Architect” as the subject.